Neil Durrance is an experienced attorney who has served the citizen's of Denton County for 30 years. He grew up in Denton, attending Woodrow Wilson Elementary, Strickland Middle School, Denton High School, and graduating from North Texas State University (now the University of North Texas).
Neil is integrally linked with the Denton community. He served on the City Council from 1998-2001, contributing to the City Council:
- Passing a Master Plan for the City of Denton
- Providing raises for Firemen and Police Officers
- Revamping all codes, including building and electrical, bringing them up-to-date with national standards
- Rebuilding and reorganizing facilities and management
- Starting and completing the largest drainage and sewage projects (including Pecan Creek) in the history of Denton
- Providing intergovernmental cooperation with neighboring cities with regards to boundaries.
He previously served on the Fairhaven Board, and was Chairperson of the Denton County Democratic Party. Neil currently serves on the Music Advisory Board for the University of North Texas (UNT) College of Music.
Neil fosters relationships with groups across Denton, and is committed to representing the interests of all Denton citizens.